VMware Cloud Community
mandg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

'All Windows Updates' ??

I just got Update Manager installed on VC 2.5 U2 and reviewed the default settings. I noticed that 'All Windows Updates' were selected for synchronizing. By 'Windows Updates', does this mean the same as the patches I would find in our WSUS database? Or are these VMware specific to Windows guests?

Obviously, if these are the same patches, I'd like to unselect this from syncing and stay with our WSUS application.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wpatton
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, those are the same Windows patches that you can handle with WSUS. We continue to use WSUS for our Windows guest patch management as well.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

*Disclaimer: VMware Employee* If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wpatton
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, those are the same Windows patches that you can handle with WSUS. We continue to use WSUS for our Windows guest patch management as well.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

*Disclaimer: VMware Employee* If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
mandg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, wpatten. So I presume that you've also unselected this from syncing with your Update Manager?

0 Kudos
wpatton
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yup, I don't need to redownload what I have already downloaded with WSUS. We let Update Manager handle it's main job, patching our ESX servers.

0 Kudos