VMware Cloud Community
SandyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After installing update 1 vCenter 4.1 WebServices wont start

At the weekend i installed update 1 on vCenter 4.1 (W2K8 R2, SQL 2008 x64) on reboot i noticed the plugins show as errored

vCenter Service Status
VMware, Inc.
Disabled
Displays the health status of
vCenter services
The following error
occured while
downloading the
script plugin from
https://vcenter:8443/health-ui/-scriptConfig.xml:
Unable to connect to
the remote server

the WebServices wont start, i get the following error - "Windows could not start the VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices on SERVER, For more information review the system event log. if this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 0"

i have found 2 KB articles ( 1016116 & 1003915 ) but still no joy getting the service to start.

any ideas

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

try configure in services.msc vcenter service with automatic (Delayed).

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
rmcinern
Contributor
Contributor

What does your webservices log say when you try to restart the service?

You can check the vws.log in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs

0 Kudos
SandyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Logged call with VMware support, Tomcat was corrupted by the update, uninstall/reinstall vCenter was the answer.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ok

no problems!
Smiley Wink

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos