VMware Cloud Community
bogdanbarbu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After a while java.exe is keeping CPU at 100%

Hi !

I have an issue with the java.exe in the environment which I work. In the environment i have a physical server: Sun Fire X4100 Server with 2 CPUs and 16 GB of RAM for controlling the virtualization. On the system it is the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter and vCenter 5.5.

Mostly we are 5 guys in the team that are using the vSphere Web GUI. We are connecting to the server using RDP and after a while we cannot login because the CPU is at 100%. It takes 20-30 min to be able to login. And then 5-10 min to be able to click on something. For example to kill the java.exe file that is keeping the CPU at 100%. This is not a good idea because afterwords the Web GUI is not working so we need to reboot the server.

Do any of you has an idea why this is happening ?

Bogdan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Sorry! i didnt see the part about it being physical server.. which version of VC is this?

Some resources that might help:

VMware KB: VMware vCenter Server resource usage is 100% and becomes unresponsive

http://brian-kayser.blogspot.in/2013/04/vmware-virtualcenter-server-high-memory.html

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How many hosts are being managed by VC? Also, how much memory is allocated to 2008R2?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
bogdanbarbu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi raog !

The vCenter manages 5 hosts. And the vCenter has 16 GB of RAM.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Sorry! i didnt see the part about it being physical server.. which version of VC is this?

Some resources that might help:

VMware KB: VMware vCenter Server resource usage is 100% and becomes unresponsive

http://brian-kayser.blogspot.in/2013/04/vmware-virtualcenter-server-high-memory.html

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos
bogdanbarbu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi raog !

The vCenter version installed is 5.5 !

I will read the links tomorrow and I will do some tests !

Bogdan

0 Kudos
bogdanbarbu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi raog !

I have followed the steps from this link: http://brian-kayser.blogspot.in/2013/04/vmware-virtualcenter-server-high-memory.html and now I am waiting to see if the CPU Usage on the vCenter will reach the 100%. I will monitor it for 7 to 10 days.

Bogdan

0 Kudos
bogdanbarbu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi raog !

The link did the trick and I have tweaked the java max memory. With 512 MB the Web GUI worked slow, but with 1 GB it works normally.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Good to know. Thanks for posting back!

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos