VMware Cloud Community
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Administrator@vsphere.local does no have full permissions

I just instaled a vCenter 6.0, and i have noticed that the Administrator@vsphere.local does no have permissions to create user/groups

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It was the VCenter 6.0 u3 for windows, the screen in the web page for several sections had the message "You do not have permissions to view this object or this object does not exist" even as the Administrator@vsphere.local user

I managed to find the work around the problem on the following thread: issues with Web Client permissions (vsphere 6)

Please try the following. (before that please create a backup from the vCenter server)

In regedit system wide path is defined here:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment->Path

Local system account overridden Path is defined under:

Computer->HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment->Path

(first step, second location can be verified if exists; and if exists values can be compared to see differences)

You can either remove(rename) the existing override

(Computer->HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment->Path) completely. This will make the system wide Path to take effect.

Or if this override was specified on purpose (for some reason), then modify

Computer->HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment->Path to make sure to include MIT Kerberos installation (such as c:\Program Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin), and possibly other vSphere paths (like OpenSSL) for completeness.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello Obecerril,

Can you provide more information on what is the vCenter server version, whether is it Windows vCenter or VCSA?

What is the error message which you are facing when trying to create a user/group. Where you are trying to create a user/group?

I am not sure if you are facing issues with webclient permissions, you can have a look into this below KB

Error: "You do not have permissions to view this object or this object does not exist" in vSphere We...

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It was the VCenter 6.0 u3 for windows, the screen in the web page for several sections had the message "You do not have permissions to view this object or this object does not exist" even as the Administrator@vsphere.local user

I managed to find the work around the problem on the following thread: issues with Web Client permissions (vsphere 6)

Please try the following. (before that please create a backup from the vCenter server)

In regedit system wide path is defined here:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment->Path

Local system account overridden Path is defined under:

Computer->HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment->Path

(first step, second location can be verified if exists; and if exists values can be compared to see differences)

You can either remove(rename) the existing override

(Computer->HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment->Path) completely. This will make the system wide Path to take effect.

Or if this override was specified on purpose (for some reason), then modify

Computer->HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment->Path to make sure to include MIT Kerberos installation (such as c:\Program Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin), and possibly other vSphere paths (like OpenSSL) for completeness.

0 Kudos
ASJenkins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I see this workaround again and again, but it does not seem to be the solution for my issue. I too am seeing this message, however I do not have Path under HKEY_USERS->S-1-5-18\Environment.

I tried manually adding Path with the value c:\Program Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin and rebooted, but this had no effect. What to do?

0 Kudos