VMware Cloud Community
pdrace
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Admin@system-domain can't log in to Vcenter server

I installed SSO on the Virtual Center server in our DR environment and then upgraded the Web Client.

When I log in to the Web Client as Admin@system-domain I see the following error message displayed:

Login failed due to invalid credentials for one or more vCenter Server systems:

I found this searching by searching for this message but it doesn't explain my issue as SSO and the web client are installed on the same server.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=204453...

Any ideas? Could this be normal as Vcenter hasn;t been upgraded to 5.1 yet?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey pdrace,

I'm assuming you can still login via the vSphere Client with that account. If so, check this out for the Web Client: VMware vSphere 5.1

I realize that's not a permanent solution, but it should work til the 5.1 upgrade for vCenter. I've never actually used SSO prior to 5.1 (actually I've seen many sites avoid 5.1 BECAUSE of SSO haha) so I'm not familiar with issues firsthand.

Hope that helps!

~Brandit

0 Kudos
pdrace
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No I can't log into the VC using admin@-System-Domain.

"Cannot complete login due to an Incorrect user name or password."

0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hmm, well by default admin@system-domain has no vCenter permissions but it should be able to login. Odd that it's saying incorrect user name or password. Maybe try resetting the password on it? Here's the KB on how to do that: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203460...

Also, if you do plan on using that account as an admin in vCenter, check out this guide: vSphere 5.1 Gotcha with Single Sign On (SSO) Long White Virtual Clouds It mentions setting up admin@system-domain permissions.

~Brandit

pdrace
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I read the blog post you provided about 20 minutes ago. Smiley Wink

The Vcenter server has not been upgraded to 5.1 yet so I'm thinking what I'm seeing may be normal behavior.

0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's possible, I haven't really heard of many 5.0 environments running SSO to date so you're probably in a small percentage of people haha.

0 Kudos