VMware Cloud Community
sgroih
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding vmware server 1.0.4 to virtualcenter 2.0.1 ?

Is it possible to add a windows wmware server 1.0.4 to virtualcenter 2.0.1 ? I am trying to add a windows vmware server member of a domain, using both local and active directory users. I get these errors:

- A general system error occured: internal error

- Login failed due to a bad username or password

Can anyone help ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To manage VMware Server using Virtual Center you need Virtual Center 1.4.

There are rumors that this will change with VMware Server 2.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To manage VMware Server using Virtual Center you need Virtual Center 1.4.

There are rumors that this will change with VMware Server 2.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not possible at the moment, currently VC 1.4 supports VMware Server 1.x and is being marketed as VirtualCenter for VMware Server. When VMware Server 2.0 is released it will be able to be managed by the forthcoming VC 2.5.

VC1.x (VirtualCenter for VMware Server) - http://www.vmware.com/products/server/vc.html

http://www.virtualization.info/2007/10/vmware-infrastructure-35-and-esx-server.html

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks, Eric

Visit my website:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

0 Kudos
maverick66
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have downgraded my version of VC for this reason. So, I now have VMware Server 1.0.4 and VC 1.4.1 running on my laptop. When I try and add the VMware Server serial number to the VMware VirtualCenter Licensing dialog, I get the error "Error adding serial number "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX": No licenses matching this serial number were found". Can someone tell me what I need to do to make this work. I've tried a couple of different serial numbers that I've requested from VMware and they both give me the same problem. I can't add the VMware Server host until I get this issue figured out.

0 Kudos