VMware Cloud Community
grices
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Licenses to existing license server?

Hello all

I'm very new to ESX and VC, we have just implemented 3 esx hosts and a VC server, now we have just purchase another company with a similar setup to ours but i want to be able to use my VC server to admin their esx 3.0 servers, how do i add the other licencing details to our own so that my VC server will allow me to add more ESX servers to manage.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

J

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yattong
Expert
Expert

Your going to have to talk to either your VMWare Account Manager / product / Support team.

They should have a copy of both license files, and will be able to send you an additional file to amalgamate with your existing license file.

Good Luck

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

You need to have the information for the login for both accounts, then one or the other becomes the new account for your merged license keys. There is no way to do this via conventional methods, as Yattong says, you need to contact VM Ware.

You can also fill out an online SR and they should be able to call you back with information. It's a very simple process to do, it just takes the right group at VM Ware to do it.

grices
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Yattong
Expert
Expert

Hey lingus,

Dont forget to allocate some points if we've helped. Smiley Wink

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
0 Kudos
grices
Contributor
Contributor

Think i have now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos