VMware Cloud Community
strich55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding Active Directory users permissions on object in Virtual Center

Hi,

I want to give permissions to virtual machines. Usually, this is simple. My problem is when I list the users of my domain to give permissions, Virtual Center is not listing all of my Active Directory users. It is just listing users randomly. I don't see any relation between users that are listed and between that are not listed. I am using the latest version of Virtual Center 2.5.

Thank you

Stephane

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

maybe try to increase the AD timeout.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

check your tool bar on your vCenter Server. Not the administration button, but the toolbar administration. Click on "Virtual Center Management Server Configuration". Then go to Active Directory. The default is only 5000 objects. You can adjust it there.

Or if you know the name of the user or group, just type it in manually and "check name"

Hope this helps.

strich55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer. It does work if I enter the name domain\username and click on "Check names". Is there a reason why some users won't appear in the list? My Active Directory settings are set to 5000 objects and I don't have 5000 objects in my Active Directory.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

maybe try to increase the AD timeout.

0 Kudos
strich55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Troy. I increased the AD from 5000 to 10000 and I am now able to see all of my Active Directory objects

0 Kudos