VMware Cloud Community
JeffEmerlyn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

API changes in VCSA 7.0

We use an automated pipeline to create VM templates and then register then in Vcenter using govc. Our exact code is:

register-template() {

echo "Registering the template"

GOVC_DATACENTER="${dst_dc}" GOVC_DATASTORE="${dst_ds}" govc vm.register -dump=true -template -host="${host}" "${template}/${template}.vmtx"

}

However, I've updated our VCSA appliance from 6.7 to 7.0 and now this command causes the vcenter-service to fail and causes the API endpoints and Vsphere UI to become unresponsive and display the message no object exists . In searching these forums I'm not seeing anyone else having this issue. We're a small shop and don't have SDK support. Does anyone know if there was an API change that might be causing this? Or any other suggest work around? I had to roll our VCSA appliance back to the previous version (6.7) and now the gitlab pipeline that includes this code completes without error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

govc hasn't been updated for 7.0 so I'd suspect there are some API differences with respect to this pipeline. Nothing to really suggest other than stay on 6.7 until there's coverage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

govc hasn't been updated for 7.0 so I'd suspect there are some API differences with respect to this pipeline. Nothing to really suggest other than stay on 6.7 until there's coverage.

0 Kudos
JeffEmerlyn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the info. At this point I'll mark this question as resolved.

0 Kudos