VMware Cloud Community
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

A typo in adding parameters to enable VM copy/paste is making me crazy

Aloha,

I am trying to enable copy/paste on a VM by doing this - LazyWinAdmin: How to Enable Copy/Paste Operations Between GuestOS and Remote Console on vSphere 5.1 ...

Done this a hundred billion times before - works fine. This time, things got interesting because I typed  solation  then saved. Needless to say, copy past doesn't work. But the bad thing is, editing the two lines is erratic at best. Things like I FINALLY am allowed to type it correctly only to save my changes and re-open and find they really weren't saved. Try adding two new lines you suggest???  Did that and editing was weird as it was as trying to edit the original lines (like typed text randomly disappearing). Even tried editing .vmx file wiith no success.

Suggestions please??

Bill

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would suggest creating a new VM pointing to the same vmdk and then entering those lines in vmx file .

Just make sure you take a screenshot of the RAM , CPU and network information for the VM

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It didn't work - even tho parameters ARE correct in new VM.

0 Kudos