VMware Cloud Community
muralipatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

6.5 to 6.7 upgrade

Hi All, We have 6.5 vcsa with external psc with enhanced linked mode for 5 vcenter server and am planning to upgrade to 6.7.

Do I need to remove from linked mode before upgrading it or i just go head and upgrade psc and then vcenter.

Please suggest any details doc or site for this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @muralipatil,

There is no need to remove the replication between the PSC's.

Please make sure that you have powered off snapshots of all the nodes (PSC's & VC's)

Once done, Upgrade all the PSC's one by one and then the vCenter's.

• In stage 1, it asks for temporary IP make sure the IP you give there should be "non pingable and non resolvable" i.e. the IP should should be unused and should not have DNS entry against it.

• This IP is used to facilitate transfer of data from source vCenter to destination vCenter in stage 2.

Regrads,

Nirmal Nair

View solution in original post

3 Replies
muralipatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Am looking for info on linked mode vc's with external psc.

0 Kudos
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @muralipatil,

There is no need to remove the replication between the PSC's.

Please make sure that you have powered off snapshots of all the nodes (PSC's & VC's)

Once done, Upgrade all the PSC's one by one and then the vCenter's.

• In stage 1, it asks for temporary IP make sure the IP you give there should be "non pingable and non resolvable" i.e. the IP should should be unused and should not have DNS entry against it.

• This IP is used to facilitate transfer of data from source vCenter to destination vCenter in stage 2.

Regrads,

Nirmal Nair

Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

it seems to me your case:

Upgrading vCenter 6.5U2 to 6.7U2a in Enhanced Linked Mode

We currently have 5 VCSA's running 6.5U2 in Enhanced Linked Mode across the globe. Each VCSA has it's own external PSC also running 6.5U2. We are looking to upgrade all of this to 6.7U2a.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/buu6le/upgrading_vcenter_65u2_to_67u2a_in_enhanced/

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/