VMware Cloud Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

2 VM's Same Name

At one point we had to recreate a VM due to corruption and it's been fine for wuite a while now. I just recently noticed that there are two VM's in Vcenter, located in two different resource pools, and they both have the same name. When i look at the data store info they are both pointing to the same place. When i go to Edit Settings and look at the CPU and Memory, they are different. The datastore location is really throwing me and that's why i can't delete one of them. Can anyone shed some light on this about how 2 of them are showing up and what to do to get rid of this?? Any help is appreicated. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you found my answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

-Sandeep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you able to see those 2 VMs when you connect directly to the host using viclient? May be removing and re-adding the host to vCenter will help.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

-Sandeep

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have two hosts and wehn i connect directly to each one i see that VM on both. One is started up and the other is not.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok. Then may the VM is present on both the hosts :). And from your description looks like the VM is not on the local storage. Please do the following.

Login to VC and select the host from which you want to delete the VM.

Click on the "Virtual Machines" tab

Select the VM that you want to delete.

Right click and select "Remove from Inventory". You should not use the remove from disk option because both the VMs are sharing the same files.

-Sandeep

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sandeep,

Thanks again for teh reply. I figured I could just remove it from the inventory but the thing that had me puzzled was the fact that teh settings were different. I would have expected them to be identical and they were not. Well, it is gone from the list and that's all that matters. Thanks again for teh help!!

Perry

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you found my answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

-Sandeep

0 Kudos