VMware Cloud Community
lucheman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

15 Minute Timeout for Deploying from Template?

Where is the setting for the timeout period for deploying from template? It seems to be set at 15 min. Can I find it somewhere under ESXBOX>Configuration>Advanced and change it to a higher value?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

I can tell you the default is not 15 minutes. On a couple of occasions I have rolled around 10 templates concurrently and in those cases my deploy times have been about 45 minutes. Typically my 10GB virtual machines take 10 minutes or less.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
letoatrads
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Unless your VM is huge or you have slow hardware, I'm thinking it usually doesn't take that long ( post 15 minutes) to deploy a template.

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=522533&#522533

Might want to read that link and see if that resolves the issue you are having.

Or am I wrong and you just have a 100GB SQL Template to deploy 😃 ( I've seen stranger!)

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Asking the same question multiple times isn't nice.

0 Kudos
letoatrads
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Good lord, didn't bother to look at the post history...

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Lucheman, please only post your questions one time. I've removed your other two postings that were duplicates of this question.

0 Kudos
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

I can tell you the default is not 15 minutes. On a couple of occasions I have rolled around 10 templates concurrently and in those cases my deploy times have been about 45 minutes. Typically my 10GB virtual machines take 10 minutes or less.

0 Kudos