VMware {code} Community
Ashish89
Contributor
Contributor

VCO 4.0 Plugin problems

Hi,

I am working with vco 4.0. When i try to import the Solar System Plugin in the orchestrator using web configuration , my installation status is shown to be OK. However the corresponding packages or the workflows do not appear in my VM orchestrator client.

Could anyone tell me the reason for this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

Which version of the samples package are you using? There should be a version number in the name of the ZIP file.

Also, are you running vCO 4.0 or 4.0.1?

Thanks,

stuart

(vCO documentation)

0 Kudos
Ashish89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stuart,

I am using vCO 4.0.0 and the sample pack is 4.0(The current example pack on the website is 4.0.1. The one that i am using is not that. It just says 4.0.so i guessed it must be 4.0.0).So i guess the problem is not because of use of different versions.

Ashish

0 Kudos
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

Well, we did have some problems with the 4.0 samples package, which is why we have pulled the link from the Web.

I have just tested the 4.0.1 version of the solar system plug-in in a 4.0 server and it works. So, try downloading the 4.0.1version from http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/orchestrator_pubs.html.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Stuart

Ashish89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stuart,

The vCO 4.0.1 samples are working fine. However when i try to compile the source code of the solar system example in the VMOSDK-SolarSystem folder i get the error of not being able to find out the packages com.ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons etc(there are a lot of them).The erroris because of the fact that these packages do not exist in the locations mentioned..but in that case how do i compile the example.?

Ashish

0 Kudos
Ashish89
Contributor
Contributor

Solved the problem...thx for ur help Stuart

0 Kudos
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asish,

OK, good news. Glad you sorted it out. Incidentally, even if you are developing in 4.0, I strongly recommend that you consult the 4.0.1 Developer's Guide for plug-in information. We updated the plug-in chapter significantly between 4.0 and 4.0.1, but for technical reasons we could not back-fill the updated info in 4.0.1 into the 4.0 docs.

Regards,

Stuart