VMware {code} Community
pwyzorski-wyzgu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to access VC Plugin object from Workflow script or other Java plugin

A. I would like to be able to access the VC 4.0 Plugin object from a Workflow script that requires no user intervention. I actually would like to get access to all the SdkConnection objects on the VC4.0 Plugin as part of a Workflow script that gets called by a server init Policy.

B. Alternatively or additionally I would like to gain access to the VC4.0 plugin from within another Java based Plugin.

I know there must be a static VC object laying around, but I can't figure out how to get a handle on it.

Does anyone have a Worflow script code snippets for part A? And any Java code for part B

regards,

~Patrick

Don't forget if the answers help, award points

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi

A) You're right their is some sort of Static object (called in Singleton for plug-in developers). It's named VcPlugin.

B) Their is no way to use a plugin from another directly in Java. The purposes of the Workflow / Javascript "is to allow plug-in to communicate".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi

A) You're right their is some sort of Static object (called in Singleton for plug-in developers). It's named VcPlugin.

B) Their is no way to use a plugin from another directly in Java. The purposes of the Workflow / Javascript "is to allow plug-in to communicate".

0 Kudos
pwyzorski-wyzgu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

A) Thanks. I knew it had to be something simple I just didn't want to guess at it.

B) Thanks. Now I don't have to wonder about this.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Moved to Developer Community > Vmware Orchestrator APIs, since the forum is more appropriate for plugin API discussion.

Thanks,

Sia

0 Kudos