VMware {code} Community
BlueDevilDan
Contributor
Contributor

Better documentation for plugin XML structure

I have been looking at a the XML Schema definition for Orchestrator plugins (http://www.vmware.com/support/orchestrator/plugin-4-0.xsd). While this helps me to see all the possible elements and attributes, it does not really provide much explanation for them.

For example, in the definition for a scripting object attribute is an XML attribute called returnType which is if type string. However, there is no defined XSD enums or other comment for what the valid values are for this string. Is it Java types? Is it some other keyword mechanism to support the JavaScript/Java mapping?. The plugin developer's guide does not provide this.

I have the basic pattern for plugin development understood and working. What I' looking for is a more complete reference information for all the details. It would be fine for me for this to be annotated in this plugin schema. In fact that is probably the correct place. So, that is my suggestion. In the mean time, is there a resource that I have not yet found that can provide me with this detail?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The result type is one of your scripting objects type or base type. It's here "only" for documentation (when the scripting documentation is auto generated for each plug-in)

0 Kudos