VMware Cloud Community
kefoster
Contributor
Contributor

win2000 agent mem leak?

I have a windows 2000 server test system that I installed the HQ 2.7 client on and it seems to have a memory leak.  I restarted the client and you can tell how it returned to the original free memory and swap.  Take a look at the image.

I need to locate another 2000 server to see if the same happens.

Kevin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Kevin,

We haven't seen any memory leaks on Windows 2000, we have a few win2k environments at Hyperic as do several of our customers.  What servers are you monitoring on this machine?  Are there any errors log/agent.log or log/agent.log.startup?

On Jun 9, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Kevin Foster wrote:

I have a windows 2000 server test system that I installed the HQ 2.7 client on and it seems to have a memory leak.  I restarted the client and you can tell how it returned to the original free memory and swap.  Take a look at the image.

Kevin

0 Kudos
kefoster
Contributor
Contributor

This server is the problem.  Other 2000 servers are not having the problem.  The system was checking IIS 5.0 and an Oracle 10 Client.  I am removing these checks and will see what happens.

The following are errors from the log:
2006-06-10 19:45:09,343 ERROR [ScheduleThread] Metric Value not found: \Web Service(Default Web Site)\Current Connections
2006-06-10 19:45:09,343 WARN  [ScheduleThread] Collection of metric: 'IIS 5.x VHost:\Web Service(Default Web Site)\:Platform=Win32' took: 8125ms
2006-06-10 19:45:09,343 ERROR [ScheduleThread] Metric Value not found: \Web Service(Administration Web Site)\Current Connections

----

2006-06-10 19:48:01,000 ERROR [MIBTree] .\pdk\mibs (The system cannot find the file specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\pdk\mibs (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.hyperic.snmp.MIBTree.parseFile (MIBTree.java:549)
    at org.hyperic.snmp.MIBTree.parse(MIBTree.java:647)
    at org.hyperic.snmp.MIBTree.parse(MIBTree.java:609)
    at org.hyperic.snmp.MIBTree.init(MIBTree.java:211)
    at org.hyperic.snmp.MIBTree.getInstance (MIBTree.java:221)
    at org.hyperic.snmp.SNMPClient.init(SNMPClient.java:171)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.SNMPMeasurementPlugin.init(SNMPMeasurementPlugin.java:118)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.PluginManager.registerPlugin (PluginManager.java:335)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.PluginManager.registerPlugin(PluginManager.java:300)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.PluginManager.registerPlugin(PluginManager.java:307)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.MeasurementPluginManager.registerProxy (MeasurementPluginManager.java:32)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.MeasurementPluginManager.init(MeasurementPluginManager.java:46)
    at org.hyperic.hq.product.ProductPluginManager.init(ProductPluginManager.java:248)
    at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon.startPluginManagers(AgentDaemon.java:553)
    at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon.start(AgentDaemon.java:650)
    at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon$RunnableAgent.run (AgentDaemon.java:719)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

On 6/10/06, Doug MacEachern <dougm@hyperic.com > wrote:
Hi Kevin,

We haven't seen any memory leaks on Windows 2000, we have a few win2k environments at Hyperic as do several of our customers.  What servers are you monitoring on this machine?  Are there any errors log/agent.log or log/agent.log.startup?

On Jun 9, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Kevin Foster wrote:

Kevin

0 Kudos