VMware Cloud Community
tyhurl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vFabric Hyperic 5.7 Standalone - MQ QManager 7 plugin

Hey,

I am having a problem getting the MQ QManager 7 plugin to auto-discover a running Websphere MQ 7.5.0.2 using Hyperic 5.7.  I have also tried manually configuring the plugin, but I continue to run into the following error.

The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Invalid configuration: Plugin error: Plugin class not found: com/ibm/mq/MQException (invalid classpath or corrupt plugin jar)

The MQSeriesJRE and MQSeriesJava are both installed for the version of MQ I am running.  I have tried starting the hyperic agent by using the java provided by Websphere MQ and also setting the Library Path.  Please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

To monitor WSMQ you should install hyperic NOJRE agent and use IBM Java (WSMQ Java). I recommend to install the latest  5.8.1 version. This version includes support of non default installation path of WAS/WSMQ.

Before you start an agent, make sure:

• You're a same user as WSMQ
  • WSMQ is up and running.
  • Export library path to relevant Java (32/64 bit), e.g. for Java 64bit "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib64"

If you still have problem with auto-discovery, please attach an agent.log. In addition run next command and attach output.log:

java -jar bundles/agent-XXXXX/pdk/lib/hq-pdk-XXXX.jar -p wsmq -Dplugins.include=wsmq -Dlog=debug -m discover -a metric > output.log

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

To monitor WSMQ you should install hyperic NOJRE agent and use IBM Java (WSMQ Java). I recommend to install the latest  5.8.1 version. This version includes support of non default installation path of WAS/WSMQ.

Before you start an agent, make sure:

• You're a same user as WSMQ
  • WSMQ is up and running.
  • Export library path to relevant Java (32/64 bit), e.g. for Java 64bit "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib64"

If you still have problem with auto-discovery, please attach an agent.log. In addition run next command and attach output.log:

java -jar bundles/agent-XXXXX/pdk/lib/hq-pdk-XXXX.jar -p wsmq -Dplugins.include=wsmq -Dlog=debug -m discover -a metric > output.log

0 Kudos
tyhurl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I followed your suggestion and did a fresh install of vCenter Hyperic 5.8.1.  We had upgraded so many times I think the application and database was also having issues.  After the upgrade I followed the above steps for a server running MQ and was able to get it auto-discovered.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos