VMware Cloud Community
cybertim
Contributor
Contributor

tomcat root webapps in hosts monitoring

hi,

I've been searching for a solution for this problem for over two days now and i can't find anything.
The problem is that i have multiple hosts in my server.xml of my Tomcat 5.5 installation like:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
</Host>
<Host name="www.siteA.com" appBase="sites/siteA/"
</Host>
<Host name="www.siteB.com" appBase="sites/siteB/"
</Host>

When i install the hyperic-hq webapp in the webapp-directory of the 'localhost' and vist the:
http://localhost/hyperic-hq/jmx-attributes?dmp=hyperic-hq:*
I can only see the webapps in this directory that are mapped on localhost/webappA..
I can also see the webapps that are on the other hosts, but not the ROOT.war deployed webapps in those hosts.
If i vist http://localhost/hyperic-hq/jmx-attributes?dmp=*
i can cleary see my 'name: hosts=www.hostA.com' listed on this page..
Why don't the ROOT.war's have those 'hyperic-hq:Context' tags?
Is there something that i must do extra?

If i add the hyperic-filters to the web.xml of the ROOT.war i get exceptions about duplicated servlet names, so the tomcat/conf/web.xml is included with the ROOT.wars.
I als set the tomcat/web.xml to it's default values and explicitly added the filters to only one of the ROOT.war's but it still wasn't listed in the hyperic-hq webapp...

Is there anything i can do about this issue??? it's driving me nuts.

I had exactly the same problem with LambdeProbe (Tomcat monitor) but the author of that program admits that it doesn't have multiple hosts compatiblilitie. But since Hyperic does list the non-ROOT.war's in my other host directories i figured that there *is* hosts compatibility, but that only the ROOT.war's are ignored??
0 Kudos
5 Replies
cybertim
Contributor
Contributor

I still haven't found any solution to my problem.. maybe somebody else found something?
0 Kudos
cybertim
Contributor
Contributor

still not solved ... .. .. . . 😞
0 Kudos
KPCasting
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here 😞
0 Kudos
KPCasting
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone???
0 Kudos
bryang_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing this problem as well. Everything shows up except the web application I truly care to monitor: /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT.
0 Kudos