VMware Cloud Community
rgcda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

services not updating not updating machines avaiability

I'm new to vFarbric Hyperic and Operations Manager.  I've been playing around in vFabric Hyperic and I've setup some basic windows services to be monitored.  For instance, I setup Windows Update to generate an alarm and send me an email when the service is stopped.  That is working fine.  I setup another couple of items like an alarm for when a process is stopped.  The problem I'm seeing is that when these conditions exist it doesn't update the machines availability.  I have services and processes stopped and I would figure it would impact the machines availability score, but it doesn't.  Under Platform Services Health the services and processes show they are in an alarm state.  I'm wondering how I get these items to be part of the availability score for the machine or is that not possible.  We have vCenter Operations Manager setup and when I look at the machine in Operations Manager it indicates that there is nothing wrong with the machine and that is because the availability score is 100.  I'm sure I'm missing something as I'm new to both products.

0 Kudos
0 Replies