VMware Cloud Community
iugav
Contributor
Contributor

save / import / export setting and parameters on hyperic server

How to save all setting and parameters that i configured on hyperic hq sever?

i use Hyperic HQ Open Source.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What settings and parameters are you referring to?

Charles

0 Kudos
iugav
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to save all settings and configuration that is accessible via BACK office of Server.

How can i save all setting and paste them to anather Hyperic Server?
0 Kudos
iugav
Contributor
Contributor

bump
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

That's still not very specific. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Charles

0 Kudos
iugav
Contributor
Contributor

i will try to be more specific:

i will configure around 15 different servers (autodiscovery, setting modification for Tomcat). I will give other users acess to Hyperic. I would like to save the configuration and in case if somebody will modify it, i want to be able to apply the saved configuration.

i think it is not possible, however i will ask.
i have 5 servers with exactly the same application, server ports, everything is the same. is it possible to save configuration for the first one and apply it to the second. i know about i can use Edit Monitoring Defaults, but i would like to make template configuration for the entire server (several application).
0 Kudos
iugav
Contributor
Contributor

People, if it is not possible say no. I can not believe that nobody from this forum didn't try to export config to make a backup. Maybe it is possible in Enterprise Edition?
0 Kudos
cwitt_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In your first use case, it sounds as if what you are wanting is some sort of configuration versioning...or at the very least, some form of roll-back to a "last-known-good" state. HQ currently does not support that within the application. If what you are really asking here has more to do with backups, then you could accomplish this outside of the application by way of backing up the database HQ is using to store its data.

Your second use case sounds like something that Platform Cloning (http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOC/ui-Inventory.Platform.Clone) handles in HQ Enterprise.

It may also be possible to fashion a slightly less elegant solution to this problem using the "resource" command provided by the HQ API (http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOC/HQApi+resource+command).
0 Kudos
iugav
Contributor
Contributor

If what you are really asking here has more to do with backups, then you could accomplish this outside of the application by way of backing up the database HQ is using to store its data.

How to do that? What tables i need to export?
0 Kudos
cwitt_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I suggest viewing the documentation on database backup found here: http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOC/Database+Backup+and+Recovery. It is best to perform full backups of the entire database on regular intervals for disaster recovery purposes. "Disaster", in this case, can cover outright failure or destruction, or malicious or accidental configuraton changes. The latter seems to be the center of your concern.
0 Kudos