VMware Cloud Community
lprikockis
Contributor
Contributor

monitoring additional metrics w/Windows agent...

ok-- I've got the Hyperic community version running nicely on a RedHat Linux box. I've successfully installed the agent on a Windows 2003 server and it appears to be working. HOWEVER- the only metrics I get on the Windows box are:
Availability
Cpu Usage
Free Memory
Swap Used

I've tried going to 'show all metrics' and changing the collection intervals on some of the others to e.g., 5 minutes, but they never show up. All I get are the 4 original defaults. Is this a limitation in the free edition? or am I missing some configuration setting? or ????

thanks for any help or insight you can provide.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

could you please a screenshot of the page where you've changed the collection interval of the metrics ?

Thanks !

Mirko
0 Kudos
kparikh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you say they never show up do you mean you don't see charts for them after scheduling them at 5 minute interval. Many of these metric charts are not displayed by default on Monitor page. Do you see links for the new metrics you scheduled under "All Metrics" caption on the left side under Monitor page. If not can you also post your server and agent log files. The community version doesn't have any limitation on scheduling additional metrics for collection so this should work fine.

Log files are located under:
$SERVER_HOME/logs/server.log
$AGENT_HOME/log/agent.log

Thanks
Kashyap
0 Kudos
lprikockis
Contributor
Contributor

sure... here's as good a representative example as any:
0 Kudos
lprikockis
Contributor
Contributor

ackk... seems the problem was (at least in part), badly unsynchronized time between the server and the Windows machine I was monitoring. After correcting that, I've got all the metrics I could possibly want...

thanks for the quick responses though...
0 Kudos