VMware Cloud Community
demeritcowboy
Contributor
Contributor

jdbc url must contain protocolVersion=2

So far this software looks really great. Good work. Looks much better than some pricey products I've tried and never was satisfied with. Just one comment:

I couldn't find anywhere that it states your jdbc url must contain protocolVersion=2. It's in the suggested default url, but it wasn't obvious (to me) that you MUST have it.

If it doesn't have this in the url, you get some error about the schema, which looked like a permissions thing and I spent a while chasing that red-herring. I suggest a better error message, such as "JDBC URL must contain parameter protocolVersion=2".

I guess this doesn't come up if you download one of the bundled packages, but having a Postgres database and Java already as part of our infrastructure (as hopefully many do!), I went with the "noJRE" package.

And actually that could be made a little clearer on the download page too. You have to go to the FAQ to find out what the differences in packages are. That should probably be on the download page itself.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks for the encouraging feedback!

Yes, the jdbc URL must contain this added parameter. The reason for this is that the postgreSQL jdbc driver we're using it requires it for compatibility. We'll definitely add this to the documentation and installer.

We'll also be clarifying the download page to explain the differences between our versions, and note the upcoming availability of the code in a few weeks.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to help us make HQ better.
0 Kudos