VMware Cloud Community
rsmith_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

hq.plugins.control.disable=true in windows version

Hi,

I want to disable the control tab for users. I noticed that there was an enhancement to enable this. It states to place "hq.plugins.control.disable=true" in the file ~/.hq/plugin.properties. I do not have this directory in the windows version, nor do I have this file if I search for it. Any idea where to stick it?

Thanks,

Randy
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have a look at the HQ Agent resource on the platform where your HQ Server is running. You'll see a property named "User Home", for example: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile
You'd need to create the ".hq" directory relative to that path and create the plugin.properties file within.
0 Kudos
rsmith_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried that and it didn't work. I looked at the agent resource for the server where Hyperic server was running. "User Home" was set to "C:\documents and settings\default user". I created a .hq directory off of that and then placed a file named plugin.properties in it. Inside plugins.properties I placed the following line:

hq.plugins.control.disable=true

I saved the file and restarted the agent, the database, and the server. I logged in and the control tab is still there. Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
BradFelmey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.hq instead of "Default User", which is only referenced when a new user logs in and needs a profile template.
0 Kudos
rsmith_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately that isn't it either. I have so far tried:

c:\documents and settings\all users
c:\documents and settings\default user
c:\documents and settings\administrator
c:\documents and settings\administrator.DOMAINNAME
c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile
0 Kudos
rsmith_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have any ideas? Does this not exist in the Windows version???
0 Kudos
rsmith_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

bump
0 Kudos
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure why plugin.properties isn't working for you, but another option would be to set it as a system property when installing the service like so:

hq-server.exe -Dhq.plugins.control.disable=true -i
0 Kudos