VMware Cloud Community
vwWhoa
Contributor
Contributor

how to configure monitoring of terracotta

I'm just getting an instance of Hyperic HQ 4.6.6 implemented to monitor our Tomcat on Linux environments.  One element I'm not understanding is how to configure monitoring of Terracotta 3.4.0.  I've found a few pages from searching Google that a plugin was being developed, but these comments are a few years old.  I also found a discussion on creating a custom plugin, but no details on how to proceed.

Is anyone using Hyperic to monitor Terracotta, and if so how have you configured Hyperic for this?  Should I be searching for something other than "terracotta", or using a generic plugin? 

I'm able to gather quite a bit of information using the Terracotta Developer Console, so I know the capability is there; I'm just not certain how to proceed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ecarmel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Terracotta exposes counters via JMX.

You need to create a Hyperic JMX custom plugin. You don't need to write any code just to add the relevant XML.

Refer to the Hyperic JMX plugin documentation for details on how to configure the plugin.

Product Line Manager | vCloud Operations | VMware
0 Kudos
vwWhoa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response and direction.  I'm having a look at the documentation now.

0 Kudos