VMware Cloud Community
sylvestersteele
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

... does not support measurement

Hi,
When I deploy a custom log tracking plugin on the server side, the log shows [server name] does not support measurement.

I have:

#1 A Measurement class specified in the hq-plugin.xml. This is inside the server tag. I have only 1 server and no services.
#2 This class has a public constructor that does not take any parameters
#3 If I comment out the contents of the constructor it does not show this message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sylvester
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sounds like the file your constructor from does not exist on the server, is that what's causing the error? If so, can you just conditonalize if (new File(name).exists()) {...} to avoid the error?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Any errors in the log from your constructor? The constructor/init methods are called when the plugins are picked up from the ProductPluginDeployer, but the code that prints that message happens later after the subsystems are all up.
0 Kudos
sylvestersteele
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Doug MacEachern wrote:
> Any errors in the log from your constructor? The constructor/init methods are called when the plugins are picked up from the ProductPluginDeployer, but the code that prints that message happens later after the subsystems are all up
If I use the constructor to read in data from a file, the server logs
shoe me this error, but when I remove this and keep everything else the
same, it works. To work around this problem I have deployed two versions
of this plugin. One on the server w/o the file reading part to work
around the error, and one on the agent which reads the file. I get no
error on the agent side.

Sylvester

0 Kudos
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sounds like the file your constructor from does not exist on the server, is that what's causing the error? If so, can you just conditonalize if (new File(name).exists()) {...} to avoid the error?
0 Kudos
sylvestersteele
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Doug MacEachern wrote:
> Sounds like the file your constructor from does not exist on the server, is that what's causing the error? If so, can you just conditonalize if (new File(name).exists()) {...} to avoid the error?
>

Possibly, I'll try that. Thanks.

0 Kudos
sylvestersteele
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was the problem, it works fine now

Doug MacEachern wrote:
> Sounds like the file your constructor from does not exist on the server, is that what's causing the error? If so, can you just conditonalize if (new File(name).exists()) {...} to avoid the error?
>
>

0 Kudos