VMware Cloud Community
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

can hyperic push out clients easily to other platforms

I have the latest trial version of hyperic Enterprise running on a WINDOWS BOX . Can the Enterprise version push out client install software easily to other platforms such as Solaris
or Linux . I dont see that anywhere when opening up the hyperic login on the server and
viewing the hyperic options.. If NOT :

Can other platforms use a hyperic client from another client. EXamples Please. If they DONT
have a client installed ???
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The CLI tool can push agents out using the agent install shell command. Since it uses SSH, agent deployment is only supported to Unix OSes.

http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ27/Agent+CLI+Command

Not sure if I understand your second question, but if a platform or device supports SNMP it can be monitored remotely from a separate agent.
0 Kudos
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

My second question was say I have a few systems that I dont want to put a hyperic client on .
Can I use a client on another machine to monitor those machines NOt having a client.
0 Kudos
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

I dont see cli agent commands on open source hyperic servert to push installs to client . Are
agents cli commands available on opersource 2.7.5 hyperic ???
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The agent install CLI commands for HQ 2.7 are available only through the Enterprise Subscription.
0 Kudos