VMware Cloud Community
ebailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can hyperic monitor a windows volume mount point?

The agent is not discovering the volume mount point nor can add the mount point manually.

The server is windows 2008 and I am using 4.3

Thanks

Ed
0 Kudos
5 Replies
dmanion
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too.
Drives from a SAN have been mounted under the 😧 drive.
Hyperic detects C: and 😧 but does not detect the volumes mounted below 😧
The Windows System Manager product sees them ok.
Windows Server 2008 R2 and Hyperic 4.2
0 Kudos
richtereric
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same issue and made a custom plugin based on groovy, WMI and vbscripts.

Feel free to use this plugin. In our environment, this works fine. But I did not test it on windows 2008.
0 Kudos
dmanion
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent. Thanks for this.
I can confirm that it works fine on Windows 2008.
0 Kudos
DBAkyle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the plugin. In my environment, I added the plugin but when I try and find it I can't seem to locate it.  I see where it appears to have collected data for all but 24 servers.  Can someone help me identify where I could find the collected data?

Thanks, Kyle

0 Kudos
DBAkyle
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got entries to show up but no metrics coming in.

Getting this error.  Any suggestions anyone?

DEBUG [main] [ClientPluginDeployer] Unchanged file: C:\Program Files\Hyperic\hyperic-hq-agent-4.6\bundles\agent-4.6\pdk\work\scripts\win32mountpoints\stats.cmd
DEBUG [main] [ClientPluginDeployer] Unchanged file: C:\Program Files\Hyperic\hyperic-hq-agent-4.6\bundles\agent-4.6\pdk\work\scripts\win32mountpoints\stats.vbs
DEBUG [main] [ProductPlugin] Trying data ClassLoader to load: mountpoints_detector.groovy for plugin MountPoints
ERROR [main] [ProductPlugin] MountPoints - Unable to load mountpoints_detector.groovy for plugin MountPoints

0 Kudos