VMware Cloud Community
kavitharajamani
Contributor
Contributor

alert notification mails

I have defined an alert and gave notification to mails. But when the alert fired, it didn't get any mails to given mail ids. Alert was displayed on dashboard only.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

please follow the instructions to configure you mail server:
http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOC/Configuring+HQ+Server+for+SMTP+Server

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
kavitharajamani
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the document, then also, I am not getting mails.
May i need to change somewhere else in the hyperic UI?
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems.Could you please attached the server log.

Thank you,
Nipuna
0 Kudos
kavitharajamani
Contributor
Contributor

Please find the attached log file
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thank you for the server log.
Are you using oracle database ?I am seeing following error in server log:

"2008-12-23 20:30:39,140 ERROR [JMS SessionPool Worker-0] [org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.server.action.email.EmailFilter] Error sending email: [HQ] !!! - UserCreation rep1tubadca Oracle 9i SYSAUX "

Could please give us some more details of your environment.
What Version of HQ you are using?
How a user is created?

Thank you,
Nipuna
0 Kudos
kavitharajamani
Contributor
Contributor

i am using hyperic 3.2.5 and in it monitoring oracle 9i.
what is meant by EAM user.
i thought it as a oracle user and gave system user and password.
0 Kudos
kavitharajamani
Contributor
Contributor

I changed EAM user as system(oracle database user) and restarted the server. But didn't work.
Observe the log file.

Thanks,
kkrm
0 Kudos
jvalkeal_hyperi

This error message usually comes when HQ can't connect to smtp server. Follow these steps:

1. If you server is running on windows, check that you can connect to your smtp server from server side. Like doing telnet to you smtp port(25). You windows probably don't have smtp server installed, so check whether you have defined working smtp server in your config file.

2. If you server is running unix, check which is your smtp server. If your hq server smtp address is localhost (127.0.0.1), it may not work until your server named is properly configured.

3. In both cases, you need to check from your smtp server logs. There may be more information why email sending fails. Sometimes your smtp server may require authentication. In that case you need to define that to your hq configuration.
0 Kudos
kavitharajamani
Contributor
Contributor

Now its Working fine
Thank you
0 Kudos