VMware Cloud Community
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Would like to have a common base dashboard to hyperic server after login

I have been using hyperic and built up the URL page(dashboard) I get by adding to dashboard iterms. Is tthere a way I can get this to be the default for all users that login to the
open source version 3.0 V296 ????? They dont want to have to inventory or add to dashboard all the stuff I already have done.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
noah_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Use this SQL update to copy the Dashboard from the user 'hqadmin' to the user 'foobaz':

update eam_user_config_resp
set pref_response =
(select pref_response from eam_user_config_resp join eam_subject using (id) where eam_subject.name = 'hqadmin')
where id =
(select id from eam_subject where name = 'foobaz');

You paste it into http://<your_server>:7080/admin/sql.jsp

I only tested this SQL briefly so it doesn't come with any guarantees. If you modify the final chunk you could modify more than one user at a time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
noah_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

(Pssst... stop posting in the Beta forum.) 😉

There is no way to do that in the GUI... there might be some SQL magic that will though... checking.
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is 3.0 V296 NOT Beta ??? DONT understand your PSST comment ???
0 Kudos
noah_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It's funny... we did press releases up the wazoo but we didn't put any note in the Forums that build 296 was the release build. We did change the name on sourceforge but that was rather subtle I suppose.

---------

HQ 3.0.0 build 296 was the first non-beta release (aka GA).

HQ 3.0.1 build 300 was the first maintenance release.
noah_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Use this SQL update to copy the Dashboard from the user 'hqadmin' to the user 'foobaz':

update eam_user_config_resp
set pref_response =
(select pref_response from eam_user_config_resp join eam_subject using (id) where eam_subject.name = 'hqadmin')
where id =
(select id from eam_subject where name = 'foobaz');

You paste it into http://<your_server>:7080/admin/sql.jsp

I only tested this SQL briefly so it doesn't come with any guarantees. If you modify the final chunk you could modify more than one user at a time.
0 Kudos
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ack! Mud in my eye... and here I thought I had all the bases covered on announcing the release.
0 Kudos