VMware Cloud Community
Simon_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Service service - with windows servicename containing white spaces

Does anyoen know how I have to format the a windows service name that has white spaces in, so that hyperic can see it.

I have tried single quotes and double quotes.

Regards

Simon
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Any luck with this? I'm curious, what happened when you tried this? Did you get an error message, or did you just not see anything at all?

-John Mark
0 Kudos
Simon_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

No joy so far.

When I try it says that it cant find the service name.

Any ideas

Would have thought its something with the PSQL with sigar that needs mayby some sort of delimiter or % to fill in the spaces.
0 Kudos
Matt5D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using the default Windows Service plugin for a Win32 platform, or writing out the ptql in a different plugin? I typed mine in with the spaces, not quotes or escapes at all, and it's working fine on 3.2.0
0 Kudos
Matt5D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Picture of Config!
0 Kudos
Simon_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

I am using the standard windows service from the GUI, not an additional plugin:

Error on GUI is:
- The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Agent error: Could not open Windows Service: Zygoware v2 Server Host Service - v1.0.61.0 - Port 20061

Agent log on the server that the service exisits on is :
- 2008-02-22 13:00:22,424 WARN [CommandListener] Error invoking method
org.hyperic.hq.agent.AgentRemoteException: Could not open Windows Service: Zygoware v2 Server Host Service - v1.0.61.0 - Port 20061
at org.hyperic.hq.control.agent.server.ControlCommandsServer.controlPluginAdd(ControlCommandsServer.java:172)
at org.hyperic.hq.control.agent.server.ControlCommandsServer.dispatchCommand(ControlCommandsServer.java:93)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.CommandDispatcher.processRequest(CommandDispatcher.java:112)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.CommandListener.listenLoop(CommandListener.java:191)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon.start(AgentDaemon.java:705)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon$RunnableAgent.run(AgentDaemon.java:769)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2008-02-22 13:00:22,659 ERROR [MeasurementCommandsServer] Error getting real time measurement: Error retrieving value: Failed to invoke getProcCpu[Pid.Service.eq=%service_name%]: The parameter is incorrect.
: Pid.Service.eq=%service_name%
2008-02-22 13:00:22,659 ERROR [MeasurementCommandsServer] Error getting real time measurement: Error retrieving value: Failed to invoke getProcFd[Pid.Service.eq=%service_name%]: No such process: Pid.Service.eq=%service_name%

Cheers

Simon
0 Kudos
Matt5D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yikes, the minor version number and port are in the registered name of the service, not just the display name? You could try monitoring it as a Process instead of a Service. If it starts with a command line switch that would uniquely identify it (e.g., the Port) you can build that into the query. All monitoring as a 'Service' does anyway is look up the name of the process from the SCM and then see if it's running.
0 Kudos