VMware Cloud Community
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where do I extract the hqapi1-1.tar.gz to before extracting

Does it matter where I down load and extract the hqapi1-1.tar.gz fike for the open source 4.1 hyperic server.. Does it have to be extracted via the hyperic user account??and do I have to put the gz file in the HYperic servers home directory before extracting ???

will i have a gui in hyperic after I extract or is this just a command line tool in 4.1 hyperic ??

Message was edited by: hypermike
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jvalkeal_hyperi
Jump to solution

Are you talking about the file what can be downloaded under hqapi plugin(plugins under administration tab)?

If you are, then this is just standalone package to launch command line tool. There's wrapper script(hqapi.sh) for unix. I believe package also contains some javadocs, if somebody wants to embed this api stuff under external java program. There should not be any dependencies to usernames or directories to extract.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jvalkeal_hyperi
Jump to solution

Are you talking about the file what can be downloaded under hqapi plugin(plugins under administration tab)?

If you are, then this is just standalone package to launch command line tool. There's wrapper script(hqapi.sh) for unix. I believe package also contains some javadocs, if somebody wants to embed this api stuff under external java program. There should not be any dependencies to usernames or directories to extract.
0 Kudos