VMware Cloud Community
tuiuiu
Contributor
Contributor

WebSphere configure Multiple DataBases under same Provider

Hello altogether,

I´ve got an application running on WebSphere 6.1.0.15 that uses two or more Oracle DataBases which are configured under the same JDBCProvider. How do I monitor them, as the JDBCConnectionPoolName is synonymous as the Provider taht is used. At the moment, every DB shows the same usage, according to the whole Provider CP is monitored. How to separate the DataBases, that each CP of the DB is monitored ?
Any help is appreciated

Kind regards
André
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tuiuiu
Contributor
Contributor

I found out that there is no chance to monitor multiple databases under the same provider as the the providername is the explicit property that HQ uses for monitoring and not the DB-name.
So if you want to monitor different Databases using the same provider type ( e.g. Oracle JDBC XA) than you have to create for each DB an explicit Provider
0 Kudos
tuiuiu
Contributor
Contributor

I found out that there is no chance to monitor multiple databases under the same provider as the the providername is the explicit property that HQ uses for monitoring and not the DB-name.
So if you want to monitor different Databases using the same provider type ( e.g. Oracle JDBC XA) than you have to create for each DB an explicit Provider
0 Kudos