VMware Cloud Community
jvalkeal_hyperi

Wall Mount plugin updates

There is a new community project around my old wall mount hqu plugin which is now totally revamped. There is a first milestone release available for people who like to see a preview what's going to be in it when actual release 1.0 comes out from the oven.

http://support.hyperic.com/display/hypcomm/HQU+Wall+Mount+Visualizer

Technology used in this plugin is looking into the future and not past. Although it's totally javascript based it's still using SVG graphics and e.g. old IE versions are not supported(due to missing SVG support).

When time is right, I'm going to add more information for developers who possibly like to participate.

Any feedback/ideas are welcome 😉
0 Kudos
46 Replies
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

screen shot attached (though no graphs are showing as Hyperic seems to have stopped gathering data from these hosts at the moment - someone is looking into this).

The problem happens about a minute after the page is opened, presumably on first update of the indicators...
0 Kudos
jvalkeal_hyperi

I don't know if this is related to issues you're having but I'm seeing some weird behaviour in my newest chrome(12.0.742.91) on ubuntu. If I have charts, some of the content gets broken in the layout. I also have same kind of problem that font size may be wrong(huge size as it seems to be in your screenshot).

1. If graph is present, svg texts don't show up if text tags are after graphs in rendering tree.
2. If you reverse the order, it works ok.

I made a simple test to have one graph and one plain text in the layout. Then I just switched the order. Need to test if this also happens with win/chrome. FF seems to be ok.

Let's see if this is a bug in Chrome or dojo...
0 Kudos
jvalkeal_hyperi

Just tried chrome dev channel (13.0.782.15) and everything worked again. It seems that there are some bugs in current stable version.
0 Kudos
jvalkeal_hyperi

While we're getting close to 1.0 release, there's going to be one new functionality related to multiple layouts. Basically a new multi-layout designer which defines used layouts, duration and transition type between the layouts.

For those whole like to test it and give some feedback can get the sources and compile the dist from git master. https://github.com/hyperic/wallmount
0 Kudos
jvalkeal_hyperi

OK, version 1.0 is out.

Some small bug fixes, support for multi layouts and managed to fix the nasty font size bug in Chrome.
0 Kudos
carecuties
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, It work very well.
0 Kudos
modmed
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there. We are big fans of this plugin - thanks for all of your hard work. Quick questions:

1) How can we see if the wall mount stat is "fresh" -- e.g. right now if the server stop reporting the wall mount shows the last known status. It would be great if there was a server timestamp or last updated metric, or something.. Thoughts?

2) The newest build seems to have a bug - at least for us - that if you have more than one layout, you get an error on the listing page. If I delete all but one from the filesystem the 1 remaining shows up (and works great) -- is this a known issue?

Again, thanks for all that you do. This is a wonderful plugin!

Dan
0 Kudos