VMware Cloud Community
MichaelScofield
Contributor
Contributor

Vine Linux + Hyperic - Help me!!!!

Hi.

I have a japanese Linux installation (Vine Linux 3.3.6-0v17) and I'm having problems using Hyperic.

I have succesffully installed both Server and Agent at 127.0.0.1. The server is running well on port 7080 and the Agent appears to be running well too, because it could auto-discovery my resources.

The problem is when I click "Add to Inventory" button. The page reloads and a yellow box tells me: "Unable to import platform : org.hyperic.hq.appdef.shared.AIQApprovalException: Cannot approve platform: EOF received from Agent".

The log file for agent says something like this:

org.hyperic.hq.agent.AgentConnectionException: Unable to send response: null
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentServerConnection.sendSuccessResponse(AgentServerConnection.java:116)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.CommandListener.listenLoop(CommandListener.java:226)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon.start(AgentDaemon.java:705)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon$RunnableAgent.run(AgentDaemon.java:769)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon.main(AgentDaemon.java:782)
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException
at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(Unknown Source)
at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(Unknown Source)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.AgentRemoteValue.toStream(AgentRemoteValue.java:191)
at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentServerConnection.sendSuccessResponse(AgentServerConnection.java:114)
... 4 more

(Note the UTF error above)

My server configuration is:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80Ghz
Memory: 1GB
HD: 120GB (IDE)
Web Server: Apache 2.2.3
Database: MySQL 5.0.27 standard
Mail Server: -
PHP: PHP 5.2.6 (CLI and CGI)

I downloaded the installation file just 3 days ago and have choosen "Linux (x86) (tarball)" from Hyperic Open Source download page. The filename is "hyperic-hq-installer-3.2.4-679-x86-linux.tgz".

Anyone has an idea of what can be happenning? Maybe its because Vine Linux is a japanese OS? I tried everything I could and I'm just thinking about giving up and installing another Linux Version (like Ubuntu - because at home I have a Ubuntu test server and I easily installed Hyperic on it).

Please help me!!
Michael Scofield

Message was edited by: Michael Scofield
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelScofield
Contributor
Contributor

I just solved the problem installing an old version of the Hyperic-Agent. I was trying to install the last one (3.2.4) with no success.

Then I tryied 3.1.4 and now everything appears to be working well.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

User solved his own issue.
0 Kudos