<metric name="Costars"
query="SELECT dummy from dual"
indicator="true"/>
<metric name="Availability"
query="SELECT COUNT(*) FROM county"
indicator="true"/>
</service>
</plugin>

I have installed the plugin on both the HQ server and the agent. The agent has been stopped and started several times. The agent log shows that it loaded the plugin okay. We tried deleting the data directory and restarting the agent. I click on the platform in HQ, and then select “New Platform Service.” I see “Costars Availability” listed in the service type. I enter a name, and then click okay. I then see a stack trace.

org.hyperic.hq.appdef.shared.ValidationException: ServiceType: Costars Availability not supported by ServerType: NetworkServer at org.hyperic.hq.appdef.server.session.Server.validateNewService(Server.java:260) at org.hyperic.hq.dao.ServiceDAO.createService(ServiceDAO.java:98) at org.hyperic.hq.appdef.server.session.ServiceManagerEJBImpl.createService(ServiceManagerEJBImpl.java:138) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48633.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345) at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214) at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149) at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154) at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54) at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48) at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106) at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335) at

Any ideas what is wrong??

HQ version 3.1.0

Bob
0 Kudos
2 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Bob,

maybe you run into this bug ?
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1923938#1923938

So did you try to restart your HQ Server ?

Mirko
0 Kudos
BC_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Mirko, that fixed the problem. Everything is working.

Bob
0 Kudos