VMware Cloud Community
Linux_ETC
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Server v2.0?

Just wondering since VMware Server v2.0 went production/live on Tuesday, 23 Sep 2008 what the state of it being included with Hyperic v4.0?

Has anyone tested the VMware Server v2.0 rc's with Hyperic v3.2.x and/or Hyperic v.4.0 rc's as well?

Pros/cons, notes, etc. are welcomed here.

TIA.

Linux ETC
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Browse Resources -> New Platform -> VI3 Host will work with Server 2.0, although the majority of metrics are only available with ESX. We'll likely look at using the new Vix api now that v2.0 is GA.
Linux_ETC
Contributor
Contributor

> Browse Resources -> New Platform -> VI3 Host will
> work with Server 2.0, although the majority of
> metrics are only available with ESX. We'll likely
> look at using the new Vix api now that v2.0 is GA.

Thanks. Seems I got the it to read, but as you said the metrics are not coming up. The error message I get is

The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Invalid configuration: Plugin error: VMware control library not available

This is using the VMware Server WebUI/Console port 8333 with the VMware Server admin and password provided in the Configuration Properties.

I recall a similar issue between 32-bit and 64-bit versions of VMware Server v1.x and Hyperic v3.2.x series along with some references to .rpm based installs versus .tgz installs as well.

Additional thoughts are welcomed and TIA.

LinuxETC
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

this thread might contain some useful informations for you:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/348272?tstart=0

Mirko
0 Kudos