VMware Cloud Community
spshinde
Contributor
Contributor

Unit for response time for HTTP request to Tomcat

I am working on Tomcat monitoring.

I am monitoring response time for HTTP request to tomcat as well as every web app.

The value on Hyperic UI and the value I am getting using HQ API are different.

What is the reason for this.

Also I want to know the unit of "Response Time" metrics.(It is seconds,msec etc)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Response time is measured in milliseconds usually. I see that this has been moved out of the current set of documentation and will work with the doc writers to get it back in. http://support.hyperic.com/display/EVO/Metric+Categories+and+Value+Types

Also, please refrain from repeat posting. You have another post asking the same thing but details on Tomcat:

I am working on Tomcat monitoring using HQ API.

I am monitoring "Thread count" and "thread count per min" metrics of Tomcat.

When I send 100 requests,there is change in values of these counters.

But the change in value is irrelevant.

I am not able to know whether this data is correct or not.

Please let me know if anybody knows the reason.

I am going to close that one and keep all discussion in the same thread. It would be helpful if you provided some examples of what you are seeing - this question doesn't give us much information to go on to help you determine possible routes for investigation. Are you using the Groovy API or the Web Services API (HQAPI)?

0 Kudos
dolby_iyer
Contributor
Contributor

I want to monitor certain requests going to my web application in Tomcat server and measure the response time. How can I achieve this in Hyperic HQ? What plug-in will help me achieve this? My application currently doesn't have any instrumentation for this.

0 Kudos