VMware Cloud Community
iwoode
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to discover 64 bit services on Windows Server

Have installed 4.1.2 server on 32 bit win 2003 server and agent on 64 bit win 2003 server. I am unable to discover any 64 bit services using the agent, in particular sybase 15.3 services. I believe this has to do with using a 32 bit program to read the 64 bit registry. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks
Eric
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Boris59
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you try to run the agent with a 64bit JVM? Maybe that helps.

Cheers, Bjoern

0 Kudos
iwoode
Contributor
Contributor

How would I go about doing this?

Eric
0 Kudos
bclark_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try setting your HQ_JAVA_HOME to the path of a 64-bit Java JRE on the system. You'll need to then uninstall the Agent service and reinstall it to make it pick up the new environmental variable (which is somehow stored in the Windows Service configuration.)

Not sure if this will work or not, since SIGAR is a 32-bit application/library, that is not written in Java, and is part of the agent. But it is worth a try. Please let us know if it works.

Brian
0 Kudos
iwoode
Contributor
Contributor

Loaded a 64 bit java on the box and modified the appropriate wrapper properties file and still no auto discovery. Was able to manually add the 64 bit sybase server and am now working on configuring the monitoring. Thanks everyone for you suggestions.

Eric
0 Kudos