VMware Cloud Community
ecurtin
Contributor
Contributor

Tutorial Availability For Groovy Plugin Creation

Hi,

I am looking for a few simple tutorials for HQU plugin creation using groovy, i have searched online and have found very little, and the hquplugins.org isnt live anymore.

as it stands at the moment I am looking to create a simple plugin that can check what users are logged into a citrix server

I have the folder structure correct ie: [pluginname] contains Plugin.groovy & plugin.properties set the the masthead & tracker so i am getting the drop down under analyze menu

[app] contains Controller.groovy

[ect] contains i18n.properties file

[views] contains index.gsp

[public] contains support files like css for index.gsp

any support would be great as I am new both to groovy & hyperic product.

regards

Ed Curtin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Ed,

I am glad you are starting to develop some groovy plugins! Here's a list of things you may want to checkout:

- Practical Development of HQU Plugins & Resources by Hyperic Engineer Jon Travis and our Documentation Producer Marie McGarry

- Introducing HQU - Building new screens for HQ's UI, Accessing HQ API's, Automate HQ tasks by Hyperic Engineer Jon Travis

- Download PDF of HQU Developer's Guide or check it out online

- List of all published HQU plugins on the HyperFORGE (great for reference)

Hope this helps - and please do share your development with us if you can!

-Stacey

0 Kudos
ecurtin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for coming back to me Stacy, I am already at the point where i have my directory structure correct and have my plugin appearing under the analize menu and my controller is passing a few non useful variables to my index.gsp so i have the concept of controller - gsp communication ie: one way.

can you enlighten me as to how I collect the metric data for solaris platform as a string in my controller file that i can parse for exact metric data, making the data available to other methods in my controller.groovy file. (are there certain method calls)

I have seen the generate xml code but that dosnt suit my task, ie: can i search resources and parse out a string if it meets a condition ie:

if an enabled metric metric.template.name equals 
Cpu Idle then store this value along with its last 
metricData.value and metricData.timestamp.

ie: from a list of enabled metrics on a certain platform i want to parse out the info i need.
or are there method calls for collecting specific metrics and passing value to string? or double or float etc.
regards
ed

0 Kudos