VMware Cloud Community
kabriel
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to create Server, but Server Type dropdown is empty

I just installed Hypernic HQ 3.1.0 Server/Agent on a Windows machine for testing.

I started it up, logged in, and was able to create a Platform. However, i'm trying to add a Server to that host and the Server Type dropdown is empty.

Where are the server types defined? and any idea why my list is empty? anything i can do to get this working?

See attached screenshot.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Kabriel,

if you installed and configured Server and at least one Agent correctly you don't need to create a platform. The platform where the agent is installed is just auto discovered with all installed servers and services. I guess your agent isn't properly set up.
0 Kudos
kabriel
Contributor
Contributor

My agent is set up, and i have some monitoring setup for it. However i was under the impression i would not need to install the agent on the platform i want to do JMX monitoring to. Regardless, shouldn't some ServerTypes appear in the dropdown?

I have the Server and Agent both setup on the same machine right now, and i want to monitor a remote JMX process.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The server types available depend on the platform type. Since the only platform types that can be manually created are network devices, I don't think it'll serve your purposes. You still need to import the platform as reported by your agent, and then you can manually create servers on that auto-discovered platform.

Charles
0 Kudos
kabriel
Contributor
Contributor

can you point me in the right direction as to how i would configure the agent to discover a specific JMX connection/bean? The JMX docs don't provide much help.
0 Kudos