VMware Cloud Community
jim_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble "Registering agent with HQ"

The server starts and the agent starts as well, but complains when "registering agent with HQ." The permissions are wide open.

This is on Solaris x86, Hyperic 3.1.4, Mysql 5.0.51. I've searched but can't find anything on this, and we're also getting an error on the Dashboard.do page that might be related. Being new to Hyperic I'm not sure but thought fixing this agent problem might fix the Dashboard.do problem.

==================
/export/home/hyperic/agent-3.1.4/hq-agent.sh start

Starting agent
- Invoking agent
- Starting agent process
Agent successfully started

[ Running agent setup ]
What is the HQ server IP address: 192.168.1.189
Should Agent communications to HQ always be secure [default=no]:
What is the HQ server port [default=7080]:
- Testing insecure connection ... Success
What is your HQ login [default=hqadmin]:
What is your HQ password:
What IP should HQ use to contact the agent [default=192.168.1.189]:
What port should HQ use to contact the agent [default=2144]:
- Received temporary auth token from agent
- Registering agent with HQ
org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.client.AgentCallbackClientException: Remote error while invoking 'registerAgent: org.hyperic.lather.LatherRemoteException: Runtime exception: could not get next sequence value; CausedByException is:
could not get next sequence value
at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.client.AgentCallbackClient.invokeLatherCall(AgentCallbackClient.java:189)
at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.client.BizappCallbackClient.registerAgent(BizappCallbackClient.java:91)
at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.cmdSetup(AgentClient.java:659)
at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.main(AgentClient.java:1130)
Caused by: org.hyperic.lather.LatherRemoteException: org.hyperic.lather.LatherRemoteException: Runtime exception: could not get next sequence value; CausedByException is:
at org.hyperic.lather.client.LatherHTTPClient.invoke(LatherHTTPClient.java:123)
at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.client.AgentCallbackClient.invokeLatherCall(AgentCallbackClient.java:145)
... 3 more
- Error registering agent: Remote error while invoking 'registerAgent: org.hyperic.lather.LatherRemoteException: Runtime exception: could not get next sequence value; CausedByException is:
===============

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottmf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jim,
Why did you download 3.1.4? You should re-install with 3.2.3. <3.2 does not work with mysql. 😞
0 Kudos
jim_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

That would explain things... I'll see what happened here as I *thought* I downloaded 3.2 and was surprised to see the 3.1.4 string when I typed the post.
0 Kudos
jim_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

It appears I downloaded both and copied the 3.1.4 bits to the test system...
0 Kudos