VMware Cloud Community
Varxela
Contributor
Contributor

Tailor Alert Notification Templates : impossible to use some variables

Hi,

I use Hyperic 4.5.2 and I want to customize SNMP Alert Notification, like it is explained in http://support.hyperic.com/display/EVO/Tailor+Alert+Notification+Templates

So I modify the file "snmp_trap.gsp".
It works fine for parameters starting with "alertDef" (like alertDef.name) "alert" and "action", but it doesn't work with parameters starting with "resource".
If I enter for example "Resource ID = ${resource.instanceID}" in the snmp_trap.gsp file, the content of the alert is empty.

Did I make a configuration error or is it a bug?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Varxela
Contributor
Contributor

I understand the problem: the correct variable is ${resource.instanceId} (with a minus 'd')
If you put ${resource.instanceID} (with a 'D' in uppercase), I suppose there is an error somewhere, and all following parameters are not displayed.

So be careful, documentation is not correct on this point; By the way, some variables display the Java Object Address, which is not very useful (like resource.resourceType).

By looking at Java classes, I'm sure there are other meaningful variables that are not listed in the document and that can be used also in the "snmp_trap.gsp" file, but to be honest it is a little bit complex for me to understand these classes.

Hope it will help someone ...
0 Kudos