VMware Cloud Community
BC_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Start/stop error - 'The system cannot find the file'

Hi,

We are seeing an error using control to start and stop JRun. The error is 'The system cannot find the file r:/JRun4/bin/jrun -start costars' This is the correct path. If we enter the same command from a command line it works. Any ideas?

We have HQ version 3.1.0, the open source version.

Thanks
Bob
0 Kudos
5 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Bob,

did you try to run the command from command line as the user you run your HQ Agent ?

Cheers
Mirko
0 Kudos
BC_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, and that works fine.
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Bob,

I've tried to reproduce the problem. It seems that Hyperic doesn't concat the pathname correctly.
In my environment I get the same error message and the path is "C:\J4Run/\bin\run".
Could you check if you find a slash in the pathname of the error message ?
Furthermore Hyperic always assumes that you use a relative path and adds the install directory.

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
BC_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for looking at the problem Mirko,

We saw the extra slash in the pathname. We changed the install path to compensate for the extra slash. Even then we see the same error. The error dialog has the correct path.

Any more ideas?

Bob
0 Kudos
BC_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mirko,

We have found the problem. Note, in the past when sending messages to the forum I have used quotes, everything looks okay, the message preview looks good, but later when I check the messages, the quotes look like question marks. background.bat is called to do the start and stop. It thinks it has one argument, "R:/JRun4/bin/costars2-stop.bat -stop costars-2” note the ending quote is after constars-2. It passes this full string to windows as if it is the name of a file. And of course windows cannot find a file with that name. What should happen, and we have tested this. Background.bat should be passed three arguments, the name of the file, the action, and the name of the process. Argument #1 should be "R:/JRun4/bin/costars2-stop.bat" note the ending quote after costars2-stop.bat. Argument #2 –stop and argument #3 should be constars-2.

Bob
0 Kudos