VMware Cloud Community
misaochankun_hy
Contributor
Contributor

Siebel Monitoring?

I did a search and have not found any previous posts on this, so I thought I would ask.
Does Hyperic have any built in Siebel monitoring, and if not, is anyone familiar with how to get Hyperic to monitor it?
I am new to Hyperic, but an old hat to Zenoss and Nagios and monitoring in general.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi there,

We actually have one customer that worked with our pro serv folks to build a plugin (the plugin was developed very specifically for their implementation, and not GPL'd as a generic version that would work for everyone). What version of Siebel are you using? What environment is the Siebel server running in? What version of HQ are you using?

I didn't do the plugin, but I did work on the management APIs for Siebel way back in the day. I hear from my friends that Oracle has fully documented the web services API (based off the ARM standard), and that you can get it as a customer by logging into the customer section. The APIs should be valid from Siebel 7.5.3 on.

Also, if you are interested in working with our pro serv team to do the plugin you can contact sales to do so - you don't necessarily have to be a paying enterprise customer to get pro serv help. To do so you can fill out the form here: http://www.hyperic.com/about/about_hyperic_hq.html
misaochankun_hy
Contributor
Contributor

Our Siebel version is 7.7
We use Windows 2003 as the OS environment.
Our Hyperic HQ version is 3.2.5, the non-ent version.
We are using the open version to evaluate HQ, to see if it will work for our data management metric and monitoring needs.
0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Good news is they worked on an Windows 2K3 environment for Siebel 7.8, so it may be worth talking to them. I realize that you are looking to conduct your own evaluation using open source - but in this case it may be worth talking to our services folks. The plugin we worked on was very specific to the use case for the company who deployed it, and was only developed essentially for one platform because of the way Siebel works. If you are serious about HQ working for you, they could help you flush that out probably in far quicker time than you could monkeying with it yourself.

Not trying to push you to spend $$, but it may be an option that could save you time, which in my book is always money 🙂
0 Kudos
Rod_Newcomb
Contributor
Contributor

Working for the company that had this done, I would highly recommend this course of action as well. 🙂
0 Kudos