VMware Cloud Community
tatroc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Setting up alerts question...

I have like 1200 services I'm trying to monitor. Is there a way to mass change them all so I get an email alert if one is unavailable? I see how this can be performed by going into each one individually and setting up an alert but I do not see how you can set up an alert with multiple selections.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The Enterprise Subscription version of HQ has alert policies. This allows you to create an alert definition and have it apply to all resources of a specific type. It's likely that this feature will become open sourced in the near future, so you may have free access to it soon.

Another thing to note is that HQ 3.0 will support group alerting. So you will be able to setup alerts on groups of resources.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
john_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The Enterprise Subscription version of HQ has alert policies. This allows you to create an alert definition and have it apply to all resources of a specific type. It's likely that this feature will become open sourced in the near future, so you may have free access to it soon.

Another thing to note is that HQ 3.0 will support group alerting. So you will be able to setup alerts on groups of resources.
0 Kudos
mewzak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can we update the postgtres db directly to affect these changes?
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Going to the database directly is not possible as the data model is complicated. The alert definition and the resource/metric identification will require lookups and inserts into multiple tables.

Charles
0 Kudos
Aelix
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That would be fantastic if the alert policies were open-sourced. That's one of the few things left that keep me using Zabbix.
0 Kudos