VMware Cloud Community
doubleodavey
Contributor
Contributor

Server multiple listen ports

Is it possible for the HQ server to listen on more than one port?

The reason I ask is that some of the remotely monitored sites have multiple agents, so to monitor the second agent I would create a firewall rule with a different port other than 2144 or 7443.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jvalkeal_hyperi

Of course. This is from EE version but open source should follow same logic.

hq-engine/hq-server/conf/server.xml is a template file used during the startup. Just define a new connector:

<Connector port="${server.webapp.port}" executor="tomcatThreadPool" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
emptySessionPath="true" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="${server.webapp.secure.port}" acceptCount="100"
connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" compression="on"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript"/>

<Connector port="7081" executor="tomcatThreadPool" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
emptySessionPath="true" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="${server.webapp.secure.port}" acceptCount="100"
connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" compression="on"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript"/>
0 Kudos
doubleodavey
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't get that to work. I added in an additional connector, but was unable to connect an agent to that port.

I did add an additional line into conf/hq-server.conf but the server only listened on the new port (second in the hq-server.conf file) and not the original port.

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
doubleodavey
Contributor
Contributor

i'm getting closer - i need to change the default agent listen port from 2144 to say 2145.

I've tried editing the agent.properties file, but having done that i get the error below. The 2145 port is automatically filled from the agent.properties file.

What port should HQ use to contact the agent [default=2144]: 2145
- To setup agent port to 2145, Stop the agent, Update agent properties for agent
.listenPort and start the agent again
- Now Agent uses the default port:2144
- Received temporary auth token from agent
- Registering agent with HQ
- Unable to register agent: Error communicating with agent: Unauthorized
0 Kudos
danial662666
Contributor
Contributor

a great jobs add article contain Web Development
many information like the person like me...thanks for publish this one....Nice article, i appreciate for putting this together! Free Legal Aid
“This is obviously one great post. Jobs in UAE Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. Keep it up!”
0 Kudos
danial662666
Contributor
Contributor

I just love your CCNP forum.Thanks for posting it. it have something that someone comeback again….there is a lot of useful information a person can Health article get from here… arabic girls I must say,well done.A good forum with great discussion and a good users,which contribute in the forum
0 Kudos
ukdress
Contributor
Contributor

I added in an additional connector, but was unable to connect an agent to that port.
————————————————————————————————
plus size prom dress
0 Kudos