VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert

Rebooted vFabric Hyperic and cannot access web interface anymore?

Installed Hyperic 5.8.1 a few months ago and integrated it with vCops.  I used the vSphere Web Client to deploy the agent on 5 VMs.  3 came up fine and the last 2 I had problems with.  They showed up as discovered in the web interface and then gave me an error when try add them to inventory.  I manually uninstalled and reinstalled the agent but it still wasn't picked up by Hyperic.   I rebooted the Hyperic vApp.   I can ping the Hyperic VMs,  but the web interface is not coming up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I can only speculate, but it sounds like the vApp settings may have been lost due to a change in vCenter Servers, the vApp being broken apart or the VMs moved out of the vApp since the initial deployment.  I would open a SR with support if you can.

In the case of a broken vApp, check the vApp settings in the vCenter Web Client.  If they are gone, the DB may be unable to start.  If this is the case, try the following:

On the vPostgres VM edit the following file:

/opt/vmware/etc/isv/subsequentboot

Replace the following string with the username under which the DB processes should be running.

$(ovfenv --key DB_USER)