VMware Cloud Community
astro_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Questions about the installation

I downloaded Hyperic HQ. I ran setup.bat, selected the HQ server and agent for installation, and specified where to install the HQ server. Then, I executed the command, hq-server.exe -i. Next, I tried to start the HQ agent. I noticed that the HQ agent does not connect with the server. I, then tried to start the HQ not as a service. When I tried to start the built-in database, I got a message that said that it will not accept external tokens. I tried to boot up the server, but it would never come up. What I am doing wrong?

I also noticed that I do not see a Window Services control panel. Why don't I see it?

Message was edited by: astro
0 Kudos
1 Reply
kparikh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you added postgreSQL and HQ Server to firewall exception list? By default on Windows you should see a warning message to allow an application to access internet during installation. If you did not see this message during install most likely Windows firewall is blocking it. You can add both programs to firewall exception list from control panel or you can turn on display notification when Windows firewall blocks a program by going to Control Panel->Windows Firewall->Exceptions->Click the check box at the bottom. Then reinstall HQ.

Kashyap
0 Kudos