Bluewhite
Contributor
Contributor

Questions about "FileServer Mount" type of service

Hi,

I installed HQ server and agent in a linux machine, and open HQ GUI in a WinXP machine, I saw a "FileServer Mount type" of service:
eric.domain Linux File System /dev/sda1 mounted on / (local/ext3)

But when I checked the "Monitor" tab of this service, these word were displayed:
This resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.
The problem is: Invalid configuration: Unable to connect to 127.0.1.1:2144: Read timed out
Please turn on the server, or fix its Configuration Properties.

I never configured the IP address to 127.0.1.1, could you please tell me how/where to configure it to the right IP?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

2144 is the port number used by the agent, so if you're getting that error, it means the server is unable to contact the agent. Are you getting any metrics at all from that agent? It would be odd to only get that message for one service.

When you installed the agent, you should have seen an IP address that the server can use to contact your agent - 127.0.1.1 is used by default when the server and agent are installed on the same machine. Because you have both server and agent on the same device, that IP should be fine.

Is anything blocking port 2144? How much RAM is on that machine?

-John Mark
0 Kudos
Bluewhite
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I only get that message for this service, other metrics like free memory, process status of that machine can be pulled and displayed correctly.

But if HQ server can not contact agent, how can I get this info in HQ GUI?
eric.domain Linux File System /dev/sda1 mounted on / (local/ext3)
This info is correct, it should be collected by agent, and sent to server?

I never block port 2144, RAM on that machine is 768MB.

Thanks!
0 Kudos